BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

MIA'S ANGEL BIRTHDAY


We woke up and went to church.I always work in the nursery during the service.I cannot remember a time where there wasn't at least 2 kids in the nursery.For some reason,no one came that day,which is very weird.And I wonder if God just knew to keep the babies away from me just that one day.A few of the women came up to me and
I was touched to hear them remember this day.I told myself I was not going to cry on this day....but that didn't work out to well.Only once though while I was sitting in the nursery rocking chair,wondering where all the kids were.This nice lady from the church came in to chat with me and when she looked at me...the tears came.Blaine on the other hand,Had a rough morning with alot of emotion.I think for me...all this time,I have let myself feel and show my sorrow.And Blaine,He has bottled it up all these months,trying not to dwell on it.Which brought this day and I think the reality of it all hit him.We came home and were so touched to see that some of our friends from facebook had posted candles in memory of Mia.Blaine was very upset with everyone else though.For 2 weeks straight,every single day,he has been posting and asking all his friends to post a candle on this day.....and when it came to the day,only 3 of his friends did.I wish all of them had.I mean,how hard is it to take a picture of a candle? But Even the first day he posted this,I knew this was going to happen.Despite his constant posting,I knew that most people would not.And I tried to prepare Blaine for it,but I think he still had hope and was so disappointed when it didn't turn out the way he planned.I do not expect very much at all out of people.Iv'e learned this the hard and hurtful way throughout the years...Particularly this year.In a way,I guess that's sad. What I am more upset about is some of our family that didn't acknowledge this day at all.No phone call,no nothing. This tells me one of two things,maybe even both.Either Mia does not effect you enough to remember this special day or Mia,me and Blaine mean nothing to you.I knew this was going to happen,I just knew it.But it still gets to me.She is your granddaughter,your niece,our child that we Love and miss so much.Does that mean nothing?Besides all that though,we did have an ok day and did our best to honor Mia's memory.My brother picked flowers and said they were for Mia.Now if you knew my brother than you would know this is a big deal.It made me feel good that he did that.Later on in the day..My parents,Blaine and myself went to the cemetery.We had a bunch of flowers.My mom bought some and so did my Dad and the flowers that Rob picked.It looked to pretty with all the flowers.My mom wrote a beautiful letter for Mia and she read it out loud while we were there.Following with a prayer.My Dad cried.We had 2 balloons.A pink heart balloon and a purple star balloon.We released them at the cemetery.Blaine did the star and I did the heart.Before I let mine go,I said a silent prayer asking God to somehow let Mia see the balloons and I asked him if he could make sure she knew her mommy and Daddy Love her and think of her all the time.I really do wonder if Mia could see the balloons.I really hope she could.

0 comments: