BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WISH LIST

1-I wish my child hadn't died.I wish I had her back
2-I wish you wouldn't be afraid to speak my child's name.My child is very important to me and I need to hear that she is important to you as well.
3-If I cry and get emotional when you talk about my child I wish you knew that it isnt because you have hurt me.My child's death is the cause of my tears.You have talked about my child,and you have allowed me to share my grief.I thank you for both.
4-Being a bereaved parent is not contagious,so I wish you wouldnt shy away from me.I need you now more than ever.
5-I know that you think of me and pray for me often.I also know that my child's death pains you too.I wish you would let me know those things through a phone call,a card or a note,or a real big hug.
6-I WISH YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT MY GRIEF TO BE OVER IN SIX MONTHS.The first months are traumatic for me,but I wish you could understand that my grief will never be over.I will suffer the death of my child untill the day I meet her again.
7-I wish you wouldn't expect me to not think about it or to be happy all the time.Neither will happen for a very long time,so dont frusterate yourself.
8-I wish that you knew that all my grief reactions I'm having are very normal-Depression,anger,hopelessness and overwhelming sadness are all to be expected.So please excuse me when I'm quiet and withdrawn or irritable and cranky.
9-Please excuse me if I seem rude, certainly not my intent. Sometimes the world around me goes too fast and I need to get off.When I walk away,I wish you would let me find a quiet place to spend time alone.
10-I wish you would understood that grief changes people.When my child died,a BIG part of me died with her.I am not the same person I was before and I will never be that person again.
11-I wish very much that you could understand; understand my loss and my grief,my silence and my tears,my void and my pain.BUT I pray daily that you will never understand

0 comments: