BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

PCOS

I am feeling discouraged.On December 6th I had cycle day 21 blood work done.Results back the next day..I did not Ovulate at all. I also found out that I have polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos).I am beyond livid to hear my doctor just now say this to me.I have been having problems for over 11 years and it took them that long to get a clue.I made a point to tell them in the past that my sister had this(its hereditary) and they just brushed me off.Now that I am learning more about pcos..it kills me.Some of the side effect of having pcos...Preclampsia(I had that with Lily in 2000), Miscarriage(I've had at least 2 of those). Stillbirth(Mia), ruptured cysts,Weight gain,depression,and the list goes on.all these red flags staring you in the face.All these terrible things I have had to endure because my health is not important enough to  look into. When is enough enough? My doctor has agreed to start me on a drug called Clomid to induce Ovulation.I start that tomorrow.As I read more about pcos..I find out that with this you have a 50% of miscarriage.I read that there is a medication that can help to reduce this risk.IT helps to regulate your hormones so it is good for you even if you aren't trying to get pregnant.Its something people with pcos should really consider taking.I wonder why my doctor said nothing about this medication so I call her to talk to her about it.She has no clue what she is doing.I have also learned that many "regular" doctors really don't have a clue when it comes to fertility issues or something that's not the normal.This frustrates me to hell.I am not a doctor..I didn't go to medical school and I don't want to go to medical school.So why am I constantly working so hard to do research about my health.This isn't my job and I should not have to do this.I am completely loosing my Faith in the medical world.So my next step is to find someone that understands...a new doctor...someone who specializes in this.Which means money.Money that we don't have to spare.When will the madness end?How many more losses and suffering do I have to go through before someone does something to help me?

0 comments: