BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Proud Wife

On November 7th our town had their annual memorial service for babies gone too soon.We went to our first one last year and It was really nice and special.It was run by the same group of women that ran our support group we went to right after Mia's death.This year they have a new group handling everything.The hospital people and the catholic church.So the memorial service this year was very different.It did not feel very personal at all.They had different speakers and they had everyone singing Christmas carols.I still cannot understand why anyone would want to sing Christmas carols at a memorial service.There was a lady that said something in the lines of ..we shouldn't talk about your dead babies to people that haven't gone through what we have because it makes them uncomfortable.Her statement really shook me.Then there was a part in the service where you were suppose to go up and light your candle and say "I remember,,,,Baby's name(Mia).So people started to go up and do that.Light their candles,say their baby's name and then sit back down.Blaine went up to light our candle for Mia.Blaine was then suppose to go and sit back down but he didn't.He decided he had something to say and this is what it was.." you say that we shouldn't speak our child's name because it makes you uncomfortable? I don't give a dam if you are uncomfortable.Get over it.I love my child and I miss her.If I want to speak her name everyday..I will!!!"  I could see the passion in his eyes and hear it in his voice.My heart started to pound.I didn't really know what to think about what just happened.For my dear husband does not easily let his heart show in the way he just did.After the service I was surprised at how many people came up to him.Touching his arm,,looking into his eyes and saying Thank you so much for what you said.He made a statement and he made in impact.I am a proud wife today.

0 comments: